Crystal Heart Estate said:
Ibis Paint X on Google Play
What program do you have, Luxxy?
Well, first of all:
Huge congrats and kudos to you for doing some excellent work using a paint program. I was completely unable to tell that you hadn't been using professional grade editing software (like Photoshop). I am unfamiliar with that program, but I do have a couple edits for you to consider in your future works. :)
Things I like:
- Your cutting is clean
- Your hair is great, and has movement.
- Your composition is spot-on.
- You put out unique, quality work.
Things you might try:
- Try matching your horse to its background just a little more. Horse coats naturally reflect colored light around them. I achieve this using "Color Balance" in Photoshop, but there may be an alternative way to do this in your own program (look for words like "cool filter" or "color cast". For example, your gorgeous unicorn piece:
After (changing color tones):
- Try doing a bit of background blur, to bring focus to your subject. This will make them pop! I use "Lens Blur" in Photoshop, but you might have other blur filters in your program. Also - watch your lighting! In your four horse banner, you have one horse who's lighting is coming from the opposite direction of the others! (I have drawn in the light source with teal arrows)
An example of background blending (I don't have the layers of this one, and just did a VERY ROUGH edit for the blur as an example, lol), and arrows to show light source:
Overall, I like your work and I think the only thing I can critique are small edits to refine your work. It's difficult to teach good composition and creativity, so you are on the right path. I personally like your horse prep as it is. <3 Keep at it! Edited at August 22, 2019 01:04 PM by TheTriggeredHipster